Saturday, September 5, 2009

Gateway Cup - Day 2

Beer helps ease the pain of starting a lead-out 1/2 mile from the finish. Just too damn excited to be on the final lap with Zink on my wheel. Usually he's somewhere off the front, and I'm off the back. Only Bohm was in the money... if you can call it that. $5 wouldn't even buy a round at Schlafly's afterwards.

Pace was high, positioning being the key. Only had one moment of concern when I was driven into the barricade with 3 laps to go. Fortunately the barricade had a banner over it that kept my bars from hooking it.

Tomorrow will bring better results.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Bohm! I figured he would do well in some congested racing like The GW Cup usually brings. That guy can take a crowded corner while rubbing bars and come out smooth.

    I can't believe Zink hasn't gone off the front ATLEAST once. I am a bit jealous of the Schafly being consumed.

    ReplyDelete